UTC Course Unit Catalog
DI03 - Products formgiving & 3d shaping cad
|Credits ECTS :||6|
|Hours :||Course 16 h|
TD : 32 h TP : 14h
|Field :|| Methods and tools for engineers|
|Category :|| Techniques (TM-ST)|
Short description : Specific knowledge of the formal creation (theory of form). Practice of volume model. Modeling on CAD system (Imaging and Shape - Catia).
Specific information : DI01 or DI02 required. Alternation of workshops and project work modeling.
Evaluation : Modeling : 20 %
Draft : 45 %
Final project : 35 %
Conditions of attribution : Overall average grades that are below 10/20 will be considered as failed.
Official document : Course material for meodeling TP.
1) This course is required to follow the DG section
2) This course is required to discover athe creative processus behind the design of all products
3) This course is an open door on surfacing 3D design throught sophisticated software like Alias Sutio.
- Imagine and design product required to manage different aspects ticreate consistent products for the users.
- Developp the dedicated formal knowledge : gestalt theory, formal grammar, semantic, research by drawings, rendering Tools but also foam modelling and Surfacing CAO (Catia Imaging and Shape).
- Discover and use the communication Tools at the earlier stage of the project.
Efforts and self-investment to progress are key points.
Final deliveries : knwoledge evaluation and final rendering and modelling realize during the courses and the workshop.
- Product design : form and function
- Material modelling
- Form theory
- Trend analysis
- A project based on the re-interpretation (form and function, usage, ...)
- Surfacing modelling with Alias-Studio TP : discovering and training through a project
- Oral presentation
DI01 and/or DI02
NB : TN08 is a plus but no need to realize all these courses in the same semester.